Hello Cochrane Skating Club CanSkate Members,
The Winter 2017-2018 programs start on January 8th. We look forward to seeing all the returning skaters and all the new ones joining us this term!
For our new members, and reminder for our returning families:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the first class to give you time to collect your skater’s name tag and find your dressing room.
- Don’t forget your CSA approved hockey helmets as skater’s are not permitted on the ice without them. No bike helmets or snowboard/ski helmets are permitted. And of course, don’t forget your skates, and mittens or gloves. Dress in layers.
- Pick up your name tag from the table in the arena. Coaches keep the name tags at the end of the class to take attendance so don’t worry if you can’t find them at the end of the class.
- Check the monitor in the arena near the doors for what dressing rooms are assigned to CanSkate. Saturday skaters especially as they often move from week to week due to hockey/ringette so please check EACH WEEK.
- Once your skater has their gear on you can wait at the doors leading onto the ice. Please do not allow your skaters on until the coaches open the doors. Saturday PreCanSkate 9:30 class please stand back to allow the 9:00 a.m. class to leave the ice efficiently.
- The first week of classes, a CSC Board member or volunteer will be in the lobby at the name tag table to answer questions you may have.
- At lastly, remember that the first couple of classes are where the coaches are sorting and grouping skaters and they are learning the routine of how to switch groups etc. It is always a little organized chaos the first couple of classes.
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the coaches following the class or reach out to Coach Kim who is the head CanSkate Coach at email@example.com